Wednesday, October 05, 2005

reading blogs, and something awesome

i always get sidetracked. I jump on blogger to post, but end up reading random people's blogs instead. today it was a 19 year old girl from singapore (ive visited singapore a couple times and am really fascinated by the whole social makeup there) and an american graduate student studying middle eastern languages in cairo. Blogs in general are really amazing. I predict some sort of a communication revolution, i just havent figured out how its going to happen.

now for the something awesome. I went to deposit some $ at a bank this morning, and as i am ready to get my reciept and go, the bank teller lady asks "have you ever spent time in hawaii"? (The past two years i have spent a week each in hawaii performing with a sketch comedy group) I was immediately scared to death cause i remembered the teller had long dark hair and i also remembered that the only random (vacation) hook up of my entire life (on a beach, in hawaii) also had long dark hair. you guessed it... its a damn small world. How awkward the next two minutes were. how wonderfully awkward... "What was your name again...you remember mine cause its on the deposit slip." "what are you studying....why are you in provo?" "yeah, i had shorter hair back then?" "no, im not performing anymore..." "thanks, i hate to keep you from your work...at least now i know where to find you." In defense of my morality, only one ever, it was a tropical beach you would have done the same, and please dont apply any broadness to the term "hook-up", I will not elaborate...but im relatively tame.

awesome, so very awesome to run into that girl on a random wedensday. made my day in one of those random ways. y'all have a good day.

2 Comments:

Blogger editorgirl said...

And I hope you didn't give it to her.

October 9, 2005 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger editorgirl said...

You still haven't blogged.

*pouting*

October 10, 2005 at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home