Saturday, April 02, 2005

new work

hey team,
i guess im working again, but still too lasy to care about capitalization. I guess life has been teaching me a lot of lessons recently, and good ones at that. Its not as if i tried to put these lessons down into a poem, but i think on some level they find themselves a bit in this one( which, i admit, is always dangerous). Resist the urge to read in too much autobiography. the genesis actually comes from a daydream that i was che guevarra. once again, way too romantic, i know. but at least i avoided any mention of love. its more of an allegory really. ok, im done justifying my work. enjoy on this conference weekend.


A poem for young revolutionaries and lovers

The one says to the other,

“I am waiting for our hearts to stop.
I am waiting to fall in the corner of a room
Against a wall, heads thrown backward
Limbs curled behind our solid torsos
Like swans asleep.
Drift with me.”

And the other says,

“Not that far”

And the one says again

“I am waiting to be pushed together,
Like two pieces of clay in a vice.”

the other looks down and says

“I know”

And the one waits a long time and finally says

“Earth is not enough for us”

The other replies

“No, it is too much.”

The one leans inward,
the other pulls away,
Then, realizing a greater need
moves back in for warmth, to sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Your voice really comes through in this. The language here is very yours.

May 6, 2005 at 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home